Application conversion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Grateful if somebody can give me a hint with the following:

I want to transform an Excel application (containing VBA, userforms, formulas, controls, etc) into an application which can be marketed.

I am not interested for the moment in extending functionalities or improving the look or the speed, but only in finding the simplest solution for a proper protection of the code, formulas, locking the application to the user's machine, etc, eventually without re-programming from scratch.

What is the road I should take to achieve that?

Thanks in advance,

Gabriel

Gabriel

Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hi

Which platform you use to create excel application?

First of all, not all the .NET namespace can be used in Windows Store App. If your DLL has unsupported namespace in Windows Store, you can build it successfully, but it will failed in WACK. It means that you cannot upload your app to Windows Store.

The solution is we should rewritten these namespace by ourselves. Here is the supported namespace in Windows Store.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/br230302(v=vs.110).aspx#Y2300

And you can refer to these links to know how to migrate windows phone and WPF app to windows store app:

Migrating Silverlight or WPF XAML/code to a Windows Store app

Migrating a Windows Phone 7 app to a Windows Store app using XAML

Best Wishes!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey. Thanks<br/> MSDN Community Support<br/> <br/> Please remember to &quot;Mark as Answer&quot; the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Monday, December 9, 2013 1:34 AM
    Monday, December 2, 2013 3:26 AM