none
Long delay when connecting to a BLE device RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a windows application for win8, in which I am trying to connect and communicate with a BLE device that I can configure.  The BLE device is set to an extremely low advertise interval, meaning it sends out advertising packets very frequently (once every 32 ms).  The device defaults to this advertising state, so if it becomes disconnected, goes out of range, or is turned off and on, it simply drops back into an advertise state and sits there until a peer tries to establish a connection. 

I can pair with the device with no issues.  I set up the callback function to fire whenever the BLE device is seen (RADIO_IN_RANGE).  After this setup, I walk out of range or I turn my device off.  When I come back into range or turn the device on, I would expect the callback to fire almost instantaneously due to my low advertising interval, however what I actually see is a delay ranging from 2 seconds to 20 seconds to fire this callback.  I am wondering why this delay is so long, and if there is anything I can do to get the radio_in_range callback to fire faster when my device comes into range.

Thank you.

• Edited by tham12 Monday, November 4, 2013 11:10 PM
    Thursday, October 3, 2013 10:58 PM