The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Create an arrow similar to the CSS arrow. RRS feed

• Question

• How would I go about this? In CSS you can just use borders to achieve this affect, setting the width/height to 0 and then just setting the sides of the borders appropriately.

Friday, October 16, 2015 4:02 AM

Answers

• The font didn't draw an arrow as I needed it to look though, using the below code in xaml worked though.
    <Polygon Points="0,0 17,29, 34,0" Stroke="#FFD9DBDF" Fill="#FFD9DBDF" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" />

• Marked as answer by Maya Key Friday, October 16, 2015 1:15 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 1:15 PM

All replies

• Hello Michael Key,

You can use Segoe MDL2 icons for this. You can replace U+ with &#x for this symbol to see.

<TextBlock Text="&#xE011;" FontFamily="Segoe UI Symbol"/>

Your platform must support this font in order for this to work.

With Regards,

Krunal Parekh

Thanks MSDN Community Support Please remember to Mark as Answer the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, October 16, 2015 6:04 AM
  • The font didn't draw an arrow as I needed it to look though, using the below code in xaml worked though.
    <Polygon Points="0,0 17,29, 34,0" Stroke="#FFD9DBDF" Fill="#FFD9DBDF" HorizontalAlignment="Center" VerticalAlignment="Center" />

• Marked as answer by Maya Key Friday, October 16, 2015 1:15 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 1:15 PM