Composite control and CausesValidation not working RRS feed

• Question

• User-1935666739 posted

Dear all,

I have build a composite control containing a Label, TextBox and a ImageButton. The idea:

Label text | textbox | imagebutton used for triggering an event

This textbox has a build-in validation.

When the imagebutton is set, i will use this imagebutton as a trigger. This imagebutton has an onclick event.  Nou my problem is the following:

When i have my textbox on a form an click a button to validate my textbox validation takes place correctly.

If my textbox has the imagebutton enabled and i click this imagebutton validation takes place.

In my composite control i have implicity set imagebutton.CausesValidation = false;

But when clicking this buttonvalidation still occurs. Does anyone has a solution for this problem because i have tried everything i could think of :-(

Thanx a lot

Saturday, January 16, 2010 4:17 PM

Answers

• User-16411453 posted

There's no code example to look at, just your description of the issue at hand.

I have no idea of what your coding style looks like, or how you build your composite control logic.

So help is difficult to offer.

I forgot to memtion the validation group name, and setting it for each object in the group.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:57 PM

All replies

• User-16411453 posted

Thats a needle in the haystack

If using With, did you put a dot in front of it

With

.CauseValidatiuon = false

End With

Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:53 AM
  • User-1935666739 posted

Hey jkirkerx,

Thanx for your response. Ofcourse i have a . before it otherwise i get a build error. :-)

I have read somewhere that the Causes Validation on childcontrols not working properly. But i don't' know why this would not work.

This is a tuff one.  I really do not have the answer :-(

Sunday, January 17, 2010 6:44 AM
  • User-1935666739 posted

Hey all,

After a whole weekend fighting with my control i finally found the solution.

I need to set enable viewstate = false for my imagebutton control. So now it doesn't validate Pffffff.

Sometimes it's good to take a break so you can think simple again and whalaa there it is.

As simple as can be :-)

Greatings

Monday, January 18, 2010 2:48 PM
  • User-16411453 posted

There's no code example to look at, just your description of the issue at hand.

I have no idea of what your coding style looks like, or how you build your composite control logic.

So help is difficult to offer.

I forgot to memtion the validation group name, and setting it for each object in the group.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, January 18, 2010 5:57 PM