none
Updating appointment - removing recipient RRS feed

• Question

• When I delete a recipient from my appointmentItem.Recipients, and then save/send the appointment, the removed recipient does not get a cancelation e-mail.

I've tried multiple things like appointmentItem.Recipients.Clear()/Remove(index) and appointmentItem.Recipients[index].Delete(), and the recipient does get removed from the appointment, but the recipient never gets an e-mail saying that the appointment was canceled.

I've also tried appointmentItem.ForceUpdateToAllAttendees = true/false;, butthat doesn't help either.

We're using Outlook 2013, but I'm not sure if that would make a difference.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 11:45 AM

Answers

• Hello Treganz,

It looks like you need to set the MeetingStatus property of the AppointmentItem class to the olMeetingCanceled value. After you can set the ForceUpdateToAllAttendees property to true and call the Save method. Thus, all attendees will receive notification about cancellation. The you can re-create an appointment anew.

The opposite way is to leave in the recipients collection attendees that should be notified/removed from the final list. After sending them a notification you can turn all changes back (but without attendees removed).

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:16 PM

All replies

• Hello Treganz,

It looks like you need to set the MeetingStatus property of the AppointmentItem class to the olMeetingCanceled value. After you can set the ForceUpdateToAllAttendees property to true and call the Save method. Thus, all attendees will receive notification about cancellation. The you can re-create an appointment anew.

The opposite way is to leave in the recipients collection attendees that should be notified/removed from the final list. After sending them a notification you can turn all changes back (but without attendees removed).

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:16 PM
  • I had thought of your first method, but wanted to use that only as a last resort, because I didn't like the idea of canceling the appointment for everyone when it just needed to be updated.

Your second method works great, and it's weird that I didn't think of that myself. Thanks a lot!

Thursday, December 5, 2013 8:56 AM