WebDeploy is Shrinking Application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1958736839 posted

Hello! Brand new here so I am sorry if this is in posted within the wrong location.

My problem is that when I web deploy my application it appears about 20% smaller online than it does during localhost execution (as if it's main frame/panel is shrunken down).

Is there some kind of parameter that limits or sets the size of my application during the web deploy process?

I already talked to my host's support (Winhost) and they said that they do not set any size limits and suggested that I reach out the visual studio's sector.

Any help much appreciated! 
    *New user to Visual Studio as well so sorry if this is a silly question.

Thanks,

-Austin

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 8:19 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Unclear. You meant the content shown in the browser is smaller ??? Either you are missing a file and some CSS styling is not applied. Or the browser is not in the same mode and you see a difference. This is with IE ?

In all browsers you have some dev Tools to inspect your HTML/CSS and spot a difference.

Wednesday, July 2, 2014 2:15 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi aandersonost,

(as if it's main frame/panel is shrunken down).

According to your description above, please check whether it is HTML/CSS issue first.

You could use the Developer Tools (F12) within your browser to check whether it can give some hints why this happens.

Regards

Angie

Thursday, July 3, 2014 4:53 AM
  • User-1958736839 posted

I am still a little new to Inspector but I checked all over for some kind of width/padding/margin and did not find anything in the online page vs the debug/localhost.

I took a screenshot that may help, it looks small side by side, but when the online (webdeployed version) is full screen the padding is quite substantial on the sides, to the point that it is scaling down my text making it hard for some users to read.

Application Comparison

IMGUR: http://imgur.com/r3iOP9U

Thank you for the help thus far, please let me know if you need anymore information or have some suggestions.

Thanks!

-Austin

Monday, July 7, 2014 9:26 AM