none
Update Custom Field value via Visual Studio 2012 declarative workflow (Project Server 2013) RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

In Visual studio 2013 declarative there are two properties available. UpdateTextProperty and UpdateProjectProperty.

I have tried to use both the activities to update a custom field. But i was not successful 

Kindly help me out.

manikantan

Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I ran some tests and I was able to update successfully a text field (UpdateTextProperty). I doesn't work when the project is checked out so a check in event must be set.

The properties I've used:

and the sequence

Again, in my case it works only when I restart the workflow from the settings area and the project is checked in

Paul

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:26 PM
  • Also, As I mentioned the properties are only saved in the draft area.

view project in PWA (note the Justification field)

edit project in PWA (note again the Justification field)

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:29 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I haven't used the visual Studio for 2013 (only for 2010), however, when the property is set you will need to publish the project so the updated custom field values are available in PWA/Reporting

Paul

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:05 PM
  • Dear Paul,

I have been getting error and i am not able to proceed when i use any of the activity. 

manikantan

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:29 PM
  • Hi,

I ran some tests and I was able to update successfully a text field (UpdateTextProperty). I doesn't work when the project is checked out so a check in event must be set.

The properties I've used:

and the sequence

Again, in my case it works only when I restart the workflow from the settings area and the project is checked in

Paul

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:26 PM
  • Also, As I mentioned the properties are only saved in the draft area.

view project in PWA (note the Justification field)

edit project in PWA (note again the Justification field)

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:29 PM
  • Dear Paul,

Really appreciate your help. But even after following your steps the workflow does not proceed further if i add UpdateTextProperty. Kindly find the screenshot. I made check in mandatory for the stage and i restarted the workflow too. If possible we can continue our conversation in my personal email id noted below.

Regards

Manikantan

(manikantan89@hotmail.com)

manikantan

Friday, November 21, 2014 5:39 AM
  • Hi,

Are any of your workflows working correctly? I am asking as you are getting a 403 error. Also do you get any errors in queue?

I have added the checkin event and now it is working fine

Paul

Friday, November 21, 2014 11:25 AM