Club site Login script RRS feed

• Question

• User2055147048 posted

So, I am not able to log into the club site with any account, either my own personal acct or the Admin account I set up. I was previously able to do so, but after making a few changes to the login page (look and feel stuff is all), it appears that I've lost the Login control's Authenticate event handler. Or, maybe I am just looking in the wrong place, but the login button does not seem to be wired up, nor does the Authentice event. Can anyone help me out?

[:S]

Monday, October 8, 2007 7:15 PM

Answers

• User2069888697 posted

The Literal tag is simply a place holder fot the Login FailureText

Change the Login begin tag to

<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server" FailureText=" Please try again."  >

Of course this only allows you to change the text returned. Although it seems you can also change the FailureTextForeColor , you actually cannot because the Login is template based.

The way around that is to go into design view and change the lv1 templates default forecolor to red, then change all other labels in the template to use forecolor black, replace the Log In to my site with a label or ommit it. 

Good luck 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:45 PM

All replies

• User2055147048 posted

Okay, so here is where I am. I want the failed login text to be in red. So for kicks, I added a span tag around the Literal where the failed text displays with Css to set the color to red. When I did that, the login never worked. Once I removed that, login started working again. So, actually, I would like to find the code so I can add some color to the text written to the Literal upon failure to authenticate.

Monday, October 8, 2007 8:36 PM
  • User2069888697 posted

The Literal tag is simply a place holder fot the Login FailureText

Change the Login begin tag to

<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server" FailureText=" Please try again."  >

Of course this only allows you to change the text returned. Although it seems you can also change the FailureTextForeColor , you actually cannot because the Login is template based.

The way around that is to go into design view and change the lv1 templates default forecolor to red, then change all other labels in the template to use forecolor black, replace the Log In to my site with a label or ommit it. 

Good luck 

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, October 9, 2007 1:45 PM
  • User2055147048 posted

Nice. That worked. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007 2:09 PM