none
VS 2008 Does not display Oracle binding under Consume Adapter service ? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS Biztalk adapters for enterprise solutions only for oracle adapter. I installed the MS BizTalk adapters for Enterprise Solutions and sql adapter 2.0 for the first time it was fine. I uninstalled MS BizTalk adapters for Enterprise Solutions and sql adapter 2.0 for some reason. While uninstalling MS BizTalk adapters for Enterprise Solutions it poped up the message saying process COM+ System application, Enterprise Single Sign on and Distributed transaction coordinator is referring some DLLs and I clicked on ignore button. After reinstallation of  MS Biztalk adapters for enterprise solutions, I am not able to find the binding for Oracle in Consume adapter Service. I also installed the SQL adapter 1.0 which is fine. I am using biztalk 2010 on windows 2008 Enterprise Server. having oracle client  for EX installed as requirment by oracle adapter. I need help from you all am just novice user.

Thanks and Regards

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 7:49 AM

Answers

• You should be checking in D:Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack

Adapter Pack is Different from  BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications

• Marked as answer by Amol Bhore Monday, October 18, 2010 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Amol,

One important thing in these situations is to follow installation guide for BizTalk Adapter Pack, either 1.0 or 2.0. I would suggest to uninstall the MS Biztalk adapters for enterprise solutions (non-WCF adapters) and SQL Adapter 1.0. Reboot and then install BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0 according the instructions in installation guide. The reason you do not see the Oracle binding is that you do not have the bindings (that are installed through BizTalk Adapter Pack). For reference on bindings see this thread!

HTH

Regards,

Steef-Jan Wiggers - MVP & MCTS BizTalk Server
    blog: http://soa-thoughts.blogspot.com/
    If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

BizTalk
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Is it a 64 bit machine? You need to install both 32 and 64 bit version of the adapter for it to appear in VS. VS is a 32 bit process, and does not identify 64 bit adapter.
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:31 AM
  • You also need to install 32bit version of the oracle client. Read the following blog post for more information: http://pi.hauth.me/?p=145

If you like my post or consider it as a valid answer, please use the buttons to show me - Oliver

http://biztalk.hauth.me

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:41 AM
  • Its is 32 bit machine
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:02 AM
  • Thank you Steef, I tried all that you said but no luck. I uninstalled the adapter pack, sql adapter 1.0 and WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 x86 restarted the system. then I installed complete WCF LOB Adapter SDK SP2 x86 then i installed adapter pack. And more important i followed the Installation Guide

Thank and regards

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:19 AM
  • Hi there,

I am not able to fix it after uninstalling the whole biztalk 2009 and visual studio 2008 and also service pack 1. please help me and tell me the work aound for this.

more Info : When i did installation of adapters for first time it was fine but i did not install the oracle client hence i was getting oracle data access dll error then i uninstalled adapters and i installed the oracle client and tried to install the adapters but now OracleDbBinding or Oracle E-suite are not visible in add generated items -> consume Adapter Service on VS 2008 SP1. Please someone help me out in this regards Is it the problem with adapter framework if it is what is the workaround for this. Your help will be most valuable to me.

Thanks in Advance

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:43 PM
  • Hi all,

Update is that i dont see any dlls in D:Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications\Oracle(r) Database\Bin for Oracle adapter.

can anyone tell me if possible what are all the dlls will get installed in this folder.

Thanks and regards

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:53 AM
  • You should be checking in D:Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Adapter Pack

Adapter Pack is Different from  BizTalk Adapters for Enterprise Applications

• Marked as answer by Amol Bhore Monday, October 18, 2010 2:46 PM
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 11:40 AM
  • Hi all,

Thanx for all your help and support, the thing is MS BTS 2009 standard edition LOB Adapters does not create custom bindings with Visual studio.

Regards

Amol

Monday, October 18, 2010 2:44 PM