none
biztalk 2013 BAM deployment failed DTS package BAM_DM_MyActivityName already exists on server RRS feed

• Question

• I am facing issue with bm.exe of Biztalk 2013

While executing below command in Cmd line: bm.exe" deploy-all -Definitionfile:MyPath\MyDef.xml

Getting following error: Using 'BAMPrimaryImport' BAM Primary Import database on server 'DB Name...

EXEC : Deploying Activity... error : The BAM deployment failed. DTS package BAM_DM_XXXX already exists on server DB Server Name.

Any idea, why i am getting this error. Whether i have to deleted this package. If so, from where. 

PS: i dont have an integration services for my sql server  where my sql instance  where BTS DB exist.

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:35 PM

All replies

• You are trying to deploy an Activity that already exists (or at least the name of the Activity already exists).

If you want to overwrite an existing Activity you can use:

bm.exe update-all...

otherwise you might consider removing the old activity first, by using the command:

bm.exe remove-all...

Morten la Cour

Friday, September 5, 2014 1:53 PM
  • Thank you for your reply.

I have something weird:

If i try the updat option, I get: DTS package BAM_DM_myActivityName already exists on server xxx

If i try the remove option, I get: Activity myactivityName does not exist.

So i m really Lost with this :/

Friday, September 5, 2014 2:02 PM
  • Any help ?  :D
    Monday, September 8, 2014 4:00 PM
  • Hi,

What do you mean by 'PS: i dont have an integration services for my sql server  where my sql instance  where BTS DB exist.'

As the error says the package already exists, I expect Integration services to be present. In SSMS choose Connect and pick 'Integration Services...'. Under Stored Packages - MSDB find the specified package and delete it manually.

Regards,

René

Monday, September 8, 2014 6:24 PM
  • Hello

i stll  have this problem.

I check in 'Integration Services..' for my specified package  and i did not find anything.

Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:29 AM