SP 2013 Document Library - Cascading Dropdown RRS feed

• Question

• I have accomplished a cascading drop down in SP 2010 for a List, we need one for a document library in SP 2013.

Being very new to all of the nuances of 2013, I have not been able to find a post that directly addresses this issue.

Is it not possible to accomplish with out JQuery, SPServices or some other third party tool/code that has to be uploaded to locations I do not have access too?  Everything I have found is snippets here and there that are randomly adding steps to a process for SP 2010 or older.

I went down the road of trying to create an InfoPath form, and link it to the Library, I was unable to get the Choice fields to work this way.  Also, there was no direction as to how to upload to SP and the Library to use that form instead of the browser based one?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Friday, June 20, 2014 9:01 PM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to create cascading drop-down in SharePoint library.

I recommend to edit the form library template in InfoPath, and create the cascading drop down fields in the form like what you do in SharePoint list form.

When publishing the form to SharePoint library, add the form fields into the columns of the library.

After that, when we fill data in the form which has cascading drop down columns in it, the values will be displayed in the library view.

More reference:

http://www.appvity.com/blogs/post/2013/06/16/How-to-configure-and-publish-InfoPath-to-SharePoint-2013.aspx

Best regards.

Thanks

Victoria Xia
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Sunday, June 29, 2014 3:53 AM
    Monday, June 23, 2014 8:13 AM