none
'System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException' occurred in System.Configuration.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I have made some changes to an application and it runs fine in VS 2005 and runs fine and when installed on one of our servers. But when I install the app on the server in question it fails and I get the following error from the clr debugger:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException' occurred in System.Configuration.dll

Additional information: Configuration system failed to initialize

Any help appreciated.

James

Friday, January 15, 2010 5:17 PM

Answers

• I rebuilt the executable with a new version number and it's working now.

Jame
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:44 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 7:57 PM

All replies

• Check out where is the exception thrown - get the call stack (e.g. subscribe to UnhandledException event, or catch first-chance exceptions in your debugger).
    If it is one machine issue, is it possible that either machine.config or your config are corrupted on that machine? Do other .NET apps work fine on that machine?

-Karel
    Friday, January 15, 2010 5:40 PM
  • It is happening on one machine only and other applications are running fine on that machine.

Would you tell me how to catch first chance exceptions in the debugger? The default debugger on the server is 'Microsoft CLR Debugger 2005' and all it seems to tell me is the error message from my first post.

James

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:45 PM
  • I rebuilt the executable with a new version number and it's working now.

Jame
    • Marked as answer by SamAgain Tuesday, February 9, 2010 3:44 AM
    Friday, January 15, 2010 7:57 PM