Textbox getting focus while navigating from one page to another

Question

• Hi,

Im developing an application in which there are two pages, Page 1 and Page 2. Page 2 has a textbox positioned to the bottom of the screen above appbar. When I navigate from page 2 to page 1, the keyboard blinks for a second and disappearsand it happens for everytime. I'm using the same navigation helper class provided with template and nothing modified. Any help to solve this problem?

• Edited by MohanRajK Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:46 PM
    Sunday, February 22, 2015 6:45 PM

Answers

• Hi MohanRajK,

Looks like your TextBox get automatically focus while from Page 1 to Page 2.

I would like to know if you have other controls on Page 2 accept focus? And how did you set the TextBox TabIndex property. I would also like to see a repro so that I can know more about current status.

Anyway, to disable the automatically setting focus on TextBox, you could have following options:

1, Set focus on other controls while navigating to Page2.

2, Modify the TabIndex value.

3, Disable that TextBox, after the navigation finished, enable it.

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by MohanRajK Monday, February 23, 2015 3:38 AM
    Monday, February 23, 2015 2:49 AM