none
Scheduled Task, FILE and SFTP hang issues with service window set RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

We're experiencing strange issues with ports using Scheduled Task-,  FILE- and SFTP-adapters. We have 2-node environment and dedicated hosts for sending, receiving and processing.

Scheduled Task, FILE and SFTP receives are handled on one node only. There is a dedicated 64-bit host instance used as receive handler.

Whenever there are receive locations with service window enabled and which use this particular 64-bit host, all Scheduled Task, FILE and SFTP receive locations freeze. No error messages appear. FILE receive or SFTP polling is just not happening. Scheduled Task adater is not activating its' schedule.

This happens with both Scheduled Task adapter versions 4 and 5. BTS environment is 2014 R2

Anyone seen similar behavior?

BR,

//Rene

Friday, April 8, 2016 1:02 PM

All replies

• Is it only that particular Host/Instance?

If you run them with a Schedule in another Host, does it work?

Friday, April 8, 2016 2:16 PM
  • Receive locations with no service window set seem to work ok when rlocs having service window enabled are not run by the same host. Except if it's the default host (which is BizTalkServerApplication and is in 32-bit mode).

While using any other host instance for those rlocs having service window enabled, 32 or 64-bit, seems to affect the rest of the Schedule Task/FILE/SFTP rlocs. We are able to run all rlocs with non-default instances by restarting host instances/rebooting entire server,  but eventually non service windowed rlocs will halt. Usually this happens when some of the service windows activates.

Also, rlocs may recover when some of the service windows ends. However, this is not conclusive.

Friday, April 8, 2016 3:00 PM
  • Hi Rossi, Are you running your BizTalk environment  on BizTalk 2013 R2 ? we don't have any BizTalk 2014 R2 version . I am using schedule Task  Adapter from long time for my projects for many scenarios, As I know it had bug in old version, but new version is  working fine. you can run your Schedule adapter with both version of Host (32 or 64 bits) or default. It seems like something configuration issue your BizTalk environment.

Please try to configure your schedule Task Adapter on separate host with 32/64 bit  and try it.

Thanks,

Chandra,MCTS BizTalk Server

Friday, April 8, 2016 4:01 PM
  • Certainly meant 2013 R2. The db is 2014. 

It seems that I have to dedicate a host for service windowed rloc's. That's the only way to keep the environment stable.

Saturday, April 9, 2016 3:43 AM