none
Does SQL 2016 SP1 CU1 contain SP1 GDR Update Package?

Answers

• I believe the answer is yes, the CU1 contains the fixes included in the GDR, but I just sent a message to a colleague in the product group to confirm. The CU was released roughly 6 weeks after the GDR.

Is there a specific fix you're looking for? In the CU1 fix list, I see that there are a couple of the GDR fixes that are explicitly listed as being included (3210708 & 3210087).

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/samlester/

Twitter - @SQLSamLester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, January 27, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Sam is correct. CU1 for SQL Server 2016 SP1 contains the GDR fixes.

Thanks,

Jeff

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Michael-CM Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:58 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 5:28 PM

All replies

• I believe the answer is yes, the CU1 contains the fixes included in the GDR, but I just sent a message to a colleague in the product group to confirm. The CU was released roughly 6 weeks after the GDR.

Is there a specific fix you're looking for? In the CU1 fix list, I see that there are a couple of the GDR fixes that are explicitly listed as being included (3210708 & 3210087).

Thanks,
    Sam Lester (MSFT)

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/samlester/

Twitter - @SQLSamLester

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" and "Vote as Helpful" on posts that help you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, January 27, 2017 8:47 AM
  • Sam is correct. CU1 for SQL Server 2016 SP1 contains the GDR fixes.

Thanks,

Jeff

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Michael-CM Saturday, January 28, 2017 5:58 AM
    Friday, January 27, 2017 5:28 PM