none
Use another identity of the sender RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all !

I have exchange server 2007 with an Outlook 2013 client.

I want to configure another name to the sender but I have an error (you are not allowed to send this message with the secified user name [I translate a french error message]), the account is not found. With POP3 it's available, how can I do this with Exchange ? 

The case is that I have a mail box for a service, and I want connected user to be the sender and not the identity user of the mailbox. To my case be complete: the user doesn't have a mailbox.

Friday, October 24, 2014 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Brahim,

Its not clear how many users you have on exchange, how it works on POP3 if the user doesn't have a mailbox.

Where is the user having the mailbox is it on your exchange org or somewhere else.

You can't use outlook to send emails as some emailid in from that doesn't have a relevant object with Send As permission in Exchange.

Custom Applications don't have this validation and hence can relay using any emailaddress.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Friday, November 21, 2014 7:18 AM