Flat View of Discussion RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Happy New Year 2010

I am baffled at this.

I have created a discussion list on sharepoint team site. Fine...!

When back on team site main page, I edit page to add the discussion web part and it shows the web part with summary view etc.

How can I show Flat View on the site page.. Why the flat view is not available in view options when 'modify the web part' 'view' options ??

Can anyone suggest something

Thanks,
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:28 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - Design and Customization)
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 5:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default, the threaded and flat views are available only in folders of the discussion content type. This means that they are not available to the top-level folder. So you should go to the root folder of a discussion list item and then you can see these two views. For more information, please refer to:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA100994901033.aspx

Hope it helps. 

Xue-Mei Chang
    • Marked as answer by .Net Frenzy Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:21 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 9:23 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It is by design. you can not use flat view when it comes to displaying discussion list using web part on the page. Its because flat view is available on item level in the discussion list. Where summary view is available on list level.

Regards,
    Yogesh
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

By default, the threaded and flat views are available only in folders of the discussion content type. This means that they are not available to the top-level folder. So you should go to the root folder of a discussion list item and then you can see these two views. For more information, please refer to:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointtechnology/HA100994901033.aspx

Hope it helps. 

Xue-Mei Chang
    • Marked as answer by .Net Frenzy Thursday, January 14, 2010 11:21 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 9:23 AM