"There is not enough virtual memory available. Please save your work and restart {0}" RRS feed

• Question

• This seems to be the most recent similar post. Prior posts are not useful as they have supposedly been fixed.  The most relevant Microsoft connect case has been closed.  The reported new Microsoft connect case has been deleted without explanation.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/expression/en-US/294b17e4-c986-4dc3-9fa6-b246a50a4339/vs-2013-update-4-there-is-not-enough-virtual-memory-availableerror?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Yet, still the problem persists.  Only working on one small XAML file. VS2013 and Blend always report "There is not enough virtual memory available. Please save your work and restart {0}" (except when they report "Package 'DesignPackage' failed to load" when run in safe mode) Saved my work and restarted VS2013, Blend, and the computer. Followed all other suggestions as much as possible.

There is an abundant available and virtual memory.  The only changes from last week to this is Microsoft updates.

Has there been any new effort on this issue that I have missed?

What is left to do?

• Edited by megabitee Friday, February 27, 2015 2:10 PM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2015 3:46 PM

All replies

• Roll your computer back to the last known good configuration (restore Point) and reinstall the updates one-by-one, testing thoroughly between until the problem reoccurs. That's the problem, and you can start troubleshooting from there.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Thursday, February 26, 2015 2:15 AM
  • Has there been any new effort on this issue that I have missed?

• Edited by megabitee Friday, February 27, 2015 2:12 PM
    Thursday, February 26, 2015 9:01 PM
  • Get IT to do it. Get them to uninstall all the latest updates, since you can identify them as a proximal cause of the problem. Also, search MS Knowledge Base or do some googling for the exact error text.

We have no tech support resorces; we're just users.

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender asks "Why the long face?" "Because I was born into servitude and when I die my hooves will be used to make glue." It was at this point that the bartender realized he would not be getting a tip.

Friday, February 27, 2015 4:14 AM
  • Finally have time to look at this again.  Tried other solutions which opened without error. 

Tried the problem solution again - "There is not enough virtual memory available. Please save your work and restart {0}"

Not computer related, get the same error on a laptop I use.

Anybody?

• Edited by megabitee Thursday, March 5, 2015 6:00 PM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 5:45 PM