License Term of Visual Studio Pro MSDN STandard Subscription for SQL Server 2012 Developer Version RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to buy Visual Studio Pro MSDN standard subscription as suggested by Microsoft Indonesia to get the link to download SQL SErver 2012 Developer edition (Cause we can't get it anywhere). It will cost me USD 1,139.

I know the SQL Server 2014 and 2016 developer edition is FREE. But, If my subscription is expired, Am I still eligible to use SQL Server 2012 developer edition that I get from MSDN ?

Thanks

Johan

Monday, August 7, 2017 12:12 PM

All replies

• I would like to buy Visual Studio Pro MSDN standard subscription as suggested by Microsoft Indonesia to get the link to download SQL SErver 2012 Developer edition (Cause we can't get it anywhere). It will cost me USD 1,139.

I know the SQL Server 2014 and 2016 developer edition is FREE. But, If my subscription is expired, Am I still eligible to use SQL Server 2012 developer edition that I get from MSDN ?

Thanks

Johan

Good morning, Is there Anybody who can answer this question ? Is there anybody who has downloaded from MSDN, installed SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition and still use it after the subscription of visual studio expired ?
    Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:20 AM
  • Hi Johan,

Welcome to MSDN FORUM.

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor. I move your thread to Feedback and Discussions  > MSDN Subscriptions Feedback to get support.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 6:47 AM

Thanks

Johan

Good morning, Is there Anybody who can answer this question ? Is there anybody who has downloaded from MSDN, installed SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition and still use it after the subscription of visual studio expired ?

Dear Johannes,

Even the subscription is expired the licenses are still valid to use. You can read the "Visual Studio 2015 Licensing White Paper"

Visual Studio 2015 Licensing White Paper

Thanks,
    prathaprabhu

If my reply is useful please mark it as answered as it help other users with the same query. I am a Microsoft Partner, MVP and MCC and I want to become One Day Microsoft CEO. https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/237697e9-8504-4686-a19b-642cb3fd7393/how-to-contact-visual-studio-subscription-support-step-by-step-tutorial-w-screenshots?forum=msdnfeedback

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 8:17 AM