none
DxgkDdiSetPointerPosition not getting called in WDDM Miniport Driver RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

We are implementing hardware pointers for a WDDM display driver on Windows 7.  In my DxgkDdiSetPointerShape function, I am making copies of the pointer structures and returning STATUS_SUCCESS.  But after that I am not seeing calls to DxgkDdiSetPointerPosition.  Is there something else I have to do other than return STATUS_SUCCESS in DxgkDdiSetPointerShape?  Any ideas why Windows wouldn't call my DxgkDdiSetPointerPosition function?

Thanks
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• answered here, http://www.osronline.com/showthread.cfm?link=248295

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Doron Holan [MSFT] Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by deepak_ Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:46 AM
    Tuesday, September 24, 2013 9:00 PM
  • Not really Doron. Please keep this thread as unanswered so that I get some more inputs. Thanks
    Wednesday, September 25, 2013 5:45 AM
  • Ok, I made some progress and here is what I have got so far:

When the driver is loaded and i do a reboot, as the log in screen comes up, i see the calls to DxgkDdiSetPointerShape and subsequently DxgkDdiSetPointerPosition.

Now  it appears from that the pointer is not set to visible because I see the value of pSetPointerPosition->Flags.Visible as 0 in WinDbg.
    So the new doubt is: How to make the pointer Visible??"

Thanks!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 11:00 AM