Get the previous member from the parameter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I got in my report a parameter who i called : week_year (for exampe : week 29 2014) and in a query mdx i wanna display the five week before this day of amount for example, i wanna a result like that :

week 29 2014   week 28 2014 week 27 2014

amount 40    50 60

But by using the parameter. This is an example of my query :

MEMBER [Measures].[Amount] AS [Amount]

SELECT

{

[Measures].[Amount]

} ON 0,

{

[Product].[Product]

}

FORM [Cube_test]

Where StrToSet(@week_year)

Someone have an idea pls?

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Adghar,

In this scenario, since you already populate members into parameters, you just need to convert the parameter into a single member first, then we can use ParallelPeriod() function to get all 5 previous sibling members. Please refer to MDX below:

SELECT {[Measures].[Amount]} ON 0,
    {[Product].[Product]} on 1
    FORM [Cube_test]
    Where 
    {parallelperiod([Date].[Calendar Weeks].[Calendar Week],5,StrToMember(@week_year))
    :StrToMember(@week_year)}

Regards,

Simon Hou
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try using the range operator as shown in the below example. For computing the 5 weeks before value you can do it at SSRS level and pass the parameter as

@week_year = '[Date].[Week Of Year].&[6]:[Date].[Week Of Year].&[10]'.

Without seeing the complete attribute structure , it will be difficult to say how to calculate 5 weeks before. Hope this gives you an idea on how to achieve this.

SELECT [Date].[Week Of Year].[Week Of Year] ON 1
         ,[Measures].[Internet Total Sales] ON 0
      FROM 
    	(
    	 SELECT STRTOSET('[Date].[Week Of Year].&[6]:[Date].[Week Of Year].&[10]') ON 0 FROM [MODEL]
    	)

Best Regards Sorna

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 8:26 PM
  • Hi Adghar,

In this scenario, since you already populate members into parameters, you just need to convert the parameter into a single member first, then we can use ParallelPeriod() function to get all 5 previous sibling members. Please refer to MDX below:

SELECT {[Measures].[Amount]} ON 0,
    {[Product].[Product]} on 1
    FORM [Cube_test]
    Where 
    {parallelperiod([Date].[Calendar Weeks].[Calendar Week],5,StrToMember(@week_year))
    :StrToMember(@week_year)}

Regards,

Simon Hou
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:48 AM