none
Fail to enable "Update automatic links at open" in Word 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I found that the option "Update automatic links at open" have not enable by default in my Word 2010.
    I've tried to enable this option and close the Word. However, the checkbox get clean again when I re-open the Word. It seems that my setting fail to save when exit the Word.

I would like to know anyone have this experience? How can I enable this option?

PS: I'm using Win7 Enterprise 32-bit with Office Professional Plus 2010

Thanks,
    Terence

Friday, February 10, 2012 4:00 AM

Answers

• I think you might be on the wrong forum to get an answer to this because it's either an End User question and thus should be on the Word Answers Forum or an IT question and thus should be on the Word IT Forum.  This forum is meant for questions about development ... coding.

With that said, I would check it this same thing happens under a different user profile on the same machine. If it doesn't that would point to either a Current User registry issue or a Normal template issue.  I'm not sure where that specific preference is kept.  Assuming it's in the Normal template, where is the Normal template on your system?  Has IT placed it on a share drive in a workgroup folder.  If they have that would explain the problem.

Kind Regards, Rich ... http://greatcirclelearning.com

Friday, February 10, 2012 5:21 AM