none
Copying data from one workbook to another using VBA? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am very new to macros and VBA, but I have to use it with the following purpose:

1) To copy a range of cells (A3:ES7) (not including the first two columns) from one workbook to another workbook that isn't open

2) Have the range of cells pasted into the next open/empty row

The workbook that I am copying data from (template) will have it's name changed constantly, but it will always be opened to initiate the macro. The workbook where data is being copied to (Master DB) will not be open and the name and location will stay constant.

Truly appreciate any suggestions and assistance in solving this!

Thanks in advance!

Friday, December 4, 2015 11:31 PM

All replies

• Couple of questions.

Your comment "To copy a range of cells (A3:ES7) (not including the first two columns)". Do you mean first two columns or first two rows because first two columns does not make sense. (Rows are horizontal across and columns are vertical up and down.)

Your comment "The workbook that I am copying data from (template) will have it's name changed constantly, but it will always be opened to initiate the macro." Do you mean that the macro code will be in this workbook?

Your comment "The workbook where data is being copied to (Master DB)". What is the name of the worksheet in this workbook?

Regards, OssieMac

Sunday, December 6, 2015 1:16 AM