Error copying files in startup task RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use StartTask to copy installer files from Azrure Storage to ComputeNode but there is an error say "BlobDownloadTimedout". One of the files that I try to copy is 8 MB and the other one is 27 MB.

I use remote desktop to connect to the node to check in the startup folder and see that there are files with size of 0 KB.

And after a few minutes the status of the node was changed to StartTaskFailed.

Friday, May 27, 2016 10:48 AM

Answers

• Hi Art,

That error is likely transient - how many nodes do you have trying to download the same blob(s)? It could be if you have a large number of nodes that are simultaneously trying to access the same blob(s) that storage is throttling you.

If you reboot the node (using the API, BatchExplorer, or our portal) can you see if the StartTask succeeds on retry?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it looks like the URL you've given is just your Azure Storage Blob endpoint -- not a URL to an actual blob -- can you confirm that you can take the URL provided for "blobsource" and navigate to it in a browser and that you get a download prompt?

-Matt

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Art,

That error is likely transient - how many nodes do you have trying to download the same blob(s)? It could be if you have a large number of nodes that are simultaneously trying to access the same blob(s) that storage is throttling you.

If you reboot the node (using the API, BatchExplorer, or our portal) can you see if the StartTask succeeds on retry?

EDIT: Upon further inspection, it looks like the URL you've given is just your Azure Storage Blob endpoint -- not a URL to an actual blob -- can you confirm that you can take the URL provided for "blobsource" and navigate to it in a browser and that you get a download prompt?

-Matt

Friday, May 27, 2016 4:41 PM
  • Hi Matthew,

It works now. Thank you for your help.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 10:02 AM