none
Svchost consuming 25% CPU after enabling FBWF RRS feed

• Question

• I have built a Windows 7 Embedded image using the ICE. I have included, among other components, the FBWF.
    After installing the image using IBW i've used sysprep to generalize the image and captured it using imagex.
    Then i deployed the image using IBW with the installfrom and unattend switches onto other devices. So far so good.
    After i enabled the FBWF and rebooted the device svchost takes up around 25% processor time. The service that is causing this (after checking the PID) is the Windows Activation Service.
    Is this a configuration fault at my side or a bug?

Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:22 AM

All replies

• Does the problem go away when FBWF is disabled ?

Is the image already activated  or is it still in eval mode ?

Thanks

Srikanth

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, March 31, 2010 7:22 PM
  • After disabling and rebooting the device, all is normal again. When enabling, the problem returns.
    Windows is activated (checked using slmgr /dlv).

I believe the WAS service is for hosting WCF services. I have included all the .NET framework packages in ICE.

Thursday, April 1, 2010 7:39 AM
  • Do you know anything about the application that's using the WAS service ? What is it's purpose ? Is it using any file system feature not supported by FBWF perhaps ?

Srikanth Kamath [MSFT] - This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, April 5, 2010 7:12 PM
  • I don't know which application is using WAS. I did not include any application. This is just a testimage with Explorer as the shell.
    The only thing i included is a driver for a touchscreen. The rest are all standard WES components.

I will test if the problem also occurs when enabling FBWF before sysprep and deploying on other devices.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010 9:20 AM