Permissions RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi Folks,

Is it possible to create a new site or subsite with design permissions on a site ?

Thanks

Ameek

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

User with Design permissions cannot create a sub-site however you can create your own custom permission level and assign permissions similar to "Design" permissions and add "Create Subsites  -  Create subsites such as team sites, Meeting Workspace sites, and Document Workspace sites" permission to the created permission level

Thanks,

AMit

• Edited by Amit Arabatti Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ameek1 Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

User with Design permissions cannot create a sub-site however you can create your own custom permission level and assign permissions similar to "Design" permissions and add "Create Subsites  -  Create subsites such as team sites, Meeting Workspace sites, and Document Workspace sites" permission to the created permission level

Thanks,

AMit

• Edited by Amit Arabatti Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:52 PM
    • Marked as answer by Ameek1 Wednesday, January 2, 2013 6:13 PM
    Wednesday, January 2, 2013 5:51 PM
  • Hi Ameek1,

Just to notify you that your similar post is also there on forum

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointdevelopmentprevious/thread/90ff1a60-77ac-4ad7-8a04-ecc8bb517cbc

I can suggest, to either delete the other thread if you have received the answer in this thread.

Thanks, Ali Yasir

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:42 PM
  • Thanks AliYasir. I first edited the title on the other one, but didn't notice that the contents were nearly identical as well. I will remove the thread with a notification to the author.

Kind Regards

Bjoern
    http://spviking.com
    Twitter: Follow @bjoern_rapp

Wednesday, January 2, 2013 8:56 PM