Release option is not available under configuration RRS feed

• Question

• User-1064054827 posted

Under configuration in vs 2012 i have only Debug and release is not appearing.What should i do?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:29 AM

Answers

• User551462331 posted

are you working with "Web Site" project? the release mode would appear in "web application" project only.

web site project do not have release mode build option in visual studio... once u deploy them, when each page is accessed first time, then that page will be compiled. thereafter from next request for the same page would use previously compiled page

in short, first requests to each page in web site project are slow in responses it works fine there after

also, make sure that u dont have this in deployed web.config file

<compilation debug="true">

it should be changed to

<compilation debug="false">

it would badly impact performance of u r web site... check this

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive/2006/04/13/575364.aspx

hope this helps...

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:05 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi mahag

I noticed that you have post a similar thread about deploying website in Visual Studio 2012, and our community members have given more feasible and comprehensive solution for you, you could refer your previous thread. At the same time if anyone is interested in this issue about deploying website in VS 2012, you can refer the link above,

best regards

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:22 AM

All replies

• User551462331 posted

are you working with "Web Site" project? the release mode would appear in "web application" project only.

web site project do not have release mode build option in visual studio... once u deploy them, when each page is accessed first time, then that page will be compiled. thereafter from next request for the same page would use previously compiled page

in short, first requests to each page in web site project are slow in responses it works fine there after

also, make sure that u dont have this in deployed web.config file

<compilation debug="true">

it should be changed to

<compilation debug="false">

it would badly impact performance of u r web site... check this

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/tess/archive/2006/04/13/575364.aspx

hope this helps...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:05 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi mahag

I noticed that you have post a similar thread about deploying website in Visual Studio 2012, and our community members have given more feasible and comprehensive solution for you, you could refer your previous thread. At the same time if anyone is interested in this issue about deploying website in VS 2012, you can refer the link above,

best regards

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:22 AM