VSO host build fails on new VS2013 project RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i first created a new project (Test1) in VSO using Git and Scrum.  I cloned the project to my local VS2013 and then created a brand new default project (web application) in VS2013 on top of the cloned project on my computer.  I then Commit and Push the project to VSO.  so both local and host projects have the same code.

the local project (Test1) builds fine using the local copy of VS2013.

the host project (Test1 master branch) fails the build process in VSO.

the errors listed in the log that are in red are the following:

- Unable to find version '2.0.1' of package 'Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.LocalDB'.

- Unexpected exit code 1 returned from tool NuGet.exe

what could be the problem?

thanks!

Monday, June 22, 2015 8:03 PM

All replies

• Hi usphilos,

It looks like that package is not available for build process in VSO because of some reason. Allow build process to download the missing packages during build and Try.

To enable the option follow the steps:

Open the Visual Studio Options dialog, click on the Package Manager node and check 'Allow NuGet to download missing packages'.

Thanks,
    Sunil.HP

Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:57 AM
  • I verified this setting for the NuGet package in the local copy of VS2013.  Both options are checked:

- Allow NuGet to download missing packages.

- Automatically check for missing packages during build in Visual Studio

In VSO, i do not know where to confirm these settings.  Can you provide the location?

• Edited by desertchief Tuesday, June 23, 2015 11:31 PM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2015 10:57 PM
  • more information with respect to the errors:

Unable to find version '2.0.1' of package 'Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.LocalDB'.
    Unexpected exit code 1 returned from tool NuGet.exe

i found that there is a problem with Nuget not being able to finding the proper version of the LocalDB package.

in the new project created by VS2013, the packages.config file includes this node:

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.LocalDB" version="2.0.1" targetFramework="net40" />

if i change the version to 2.0.0, the project builds correctly.

<package id="Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.LocalDB" version="2.0.0" targetFramework="net40" />

on the NuGet website, the newer version 2.0.1 is not listed; however, my local VS2013 does have the new version listed in the NuGet Package Manager.

in the VSO Build Definitions, the build option "Restore NuGet Packages" is checked.

i guess the question is now, how do i get NuGet to include the newer 2.0.1 version? Or, how do i get the 2.0.1 version from my local VS2013 machine to be included in the VSO build?

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 8:18 PM
  • Hi usphilos,

Please clear the Nuget cache in your local machine and try.

Go through the below link which gives you information about how to delete cache.

https://nuget.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Machine%20Level%20Cache%20Part%201

Regards, Sunil.HP

Saturday, June 27, 2015 7:43 AM
  • I cleared the local cache.  Same errors:

Unable to find version '2.0.1' of package 'Microsoft.AspNet.Providers.LocalDB'.

Unexpected exit code 1 returned from tool NuGet.exe

Monday, June 29, 2015 12:54 AM