Bug in queries : I can' search work item with column board RRS feed

• Question

• I need help about a bug in queries 

I have this in board

With this request I have no result

How can I have the good result in my request ?

M feuilloley pierre

Friday, May 26, 2017 7:16 AM

All replies

• Every work item only has one Board column, but there can be multiple teams who are subscribed to the area path of the work item. We will choose one of these teams who controls the update of that Board column. 

To fix this, make sure that only one team is using the area path of the work item. When you go to the area paths in the admin area, you can see all teams who are using that area path.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:25 AM
  • I have a huge problem with this choice.

Organisation with more than 20 people can't use Team service.

In this other organisation, I have several board by work item.

For example, the traversal work item must be viewed by different team and the team reporting must be show the work item position in its board.

It's the same need with program and portfolio. Program and portfolio collect the workitem of several team in several state.

M feuilloley pierre

Friday, June 2, 2017 12:51 PM
  • Each team who is interested to see the work item on the board can do that by adding the area path to the area paths they own. Each board will store its own board-column.

Although all the board-columns are stored in the work item, the issue that is described in this post is that we only surface one of these values in the "Board column" field, which you use for query.

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:18 PM
  • Ok 

It's exactly what we do.

Now, I have to construct a reporting, with the number and the title of the work item in each column of a board.

My first idea is to make a request with board column. Ko

After a request with each column of the board and use excel to consolidate. KO 

Have you a solution ?

M feuilloley pierre

Friday, June 2, 2017 2:35 PM
  • You can get a work item https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/integrate/api/wit/work-items#get-a-work-item

And this will return all the fields (including extension fields which store the board column for each board) set for the work item.

You can get a board to get all the extension fields used by the board

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/docs/integrate/api/work/boards#get-a-board

Friday, June 2, 2017 9:31 PM