none
footer and top page margin RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to add a footer obviously to fall at the bottom of the page but as you will see it is not cooperating and I just can't seem to figure out on getting it to the bottom.  Also in firefox the page does not go to the top if I say zero margin but if I select 10 or 100 px it will move down and be fine in any version.

www.epi.msu.edu/abc/collaborators.html

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:10 PM

All replies

• Your link goes to "The page cannot be found".
    Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:22 PM
  • my bad - should tell you how my day is going so far. 

www.epi.msu.edu/abc/about/collaborators.html

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 4:27 PM
  • To start with, your center page content divs are all inside a div (id="n") defined to be 40px high.  Remove the 40px.

Note the </p> tag error (look in Code View, EW will point it out) as well: no opening tag.

And, your CSS has two syntax errors, with ":" where there shouldn't be one:

#page_content a: {

#page_content:h2 {

Fix the errors, and most importantly remove the 40px height.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 5:06 PM
  • I appreciate your time and help.  I've corrected those areas you mentioned and it fixed that but now the page views fine in IE. but not firefox and others.  the top margin should be 0 which displays in IE for FF.  At the bottom of the container there is a space  -not it IE but in FF.  Wondering how to correct those?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:03 PM
  • You are running afoul of default margins. The paragraph tag in the top_nav is creating space. Give it a margin of 0 to eliminate the gap. Likewise, the ul has default margins. assign it a margin-bottom of 0 and it should get rid of that space.

Jim

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 6:16 PM