none
Can't update some SQL Azure linked tables from Access RRS feed

• Question

• Using Access 2013 and Azure SQL Database. ODBC Linking to Azure tables. 

Most of the tables I can add, edit delete any row either directly thought the table, on a linked form or via code( VBA) or an update query.

There are a couple of tables that I cannot update or delete any data either trough a data view of the table of a form.  The error reads "The record has been changed by another user since you started editing it." Which is not possible as I have run intothis while I was the only one with access to the DB.

This does not happen for all tables!! Only some of them 

I have compared indexes, constraints, primary key, primary key data types, number of rows in the tables and more - I have not yet found any differences that would account for this.

If I create a query to perform the update it runs successfully.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Paul

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 9:15 PM

Answers

• Add a timestamp field and see how you fare.

Don't forget to relink.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by Paul Singer Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:43 PM

All replies

• Add a timestamp field and see how you fare.

Don't forget to relink.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

• Marked as answer by Paul Singer Thursday, September 8, 2016 12:03 PM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2016 10:43 PM
  • >>>Most of the tables I can add, edit delete any row either directly thought the table, on a linked form or via code( VBA) or an update query.

There are a couple of tables that I cannot update or delete any data either trough a data view of the table of a form.  The error reads "The record has been changed by another user since you started editing it." Which is not possible as I have run intothis while I was the only one with access to the DB.<<<

According to your description, as far as I know that when you edit a record in a form that is based on a multi-table view, and you are working in a multi-user environment, you may be unsuccessful when you try to save the changes to the record. You may also receive the following error message in the Write Conflict dialog box:

"This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record, you will overwrite the changes the other user made.

Copying the changes to the clipboard will let you look at the values the other user entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make the changes."

You could refer to Error message when you try to save an edited record that is based on a multi-table view in Microsoft Access: "This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it"

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:27 AM