none
Custom contact form behaves different with search results in Outlook 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom contact form but there is strange situation with address book search in Outlook 2013.

If a contact is opened from address book search results (using search field in the upper right corner) and immediately closed Outlook asks about saving changes. When doing the same with Instant Search results Outlook asks nothing.

Configuration: Outlook 2013 64-bit (Office 365 ProPlus) in Online Exchange Mode. Custom contact form is published only in Personal Forms Library.

Saturday, October 3, 2015 5:35 PM

All replies

• Do you have any add-ins installed for Outlook? VBA macros?
    Saturday, October 3, 2015 5:42 PM
  • The only module in VBA editor is empty ThisOutlookSession. There are 14 inactive addins, 1 disabled addin and 2 active addins:

• UmOutlookAddin.dll (Exchange Outlook Addin),
    • OUTLVBA.dll (Outlook VBA Integration Add-In).
    Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:17 PM
  • Try to disable the first one and see the results. Do you get any prompts in that case?
    Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:26 PM
  • If both addins are disabled save prompt still appears after finding contact in address book. But there are no prompts in safe mode!
    Monday, October 5, 2015 4:47 PM
  • Hi artnib,

>> If a contact is opened from address book search results (using search field in the upper right corner) and immediately closed Outlook asks about saving changes. When doing the same with Instant Search results Outlook asks nothing.

Could you share us more steps to reproduce your issue? Did you mean that you create a custom form based on contact form, run custom form, click Names->Address Book-type value, click ok, and then close the form immediately, you will get promote, is it a screen shot like below?

If so, I think it is expected behavior, with a contact form, it used to add contacts. When you choose a contact, you changed the contact form, and it will remind you whether to save this contact.

If I misunderstood you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:41 AM
  • Here is the situation step by step.

1. Create custom contact form based on standard IPM.Contact form
    2. Publish custom contact form in Personal Forms Library
    3. Select one of the contact folders
    4. Type Name or Last Name in the search field at the upper right corner of ribbon (it's marked with green arrow on the screenshot)
    5. Open contact from the search results
    6. Close contact immediately without any changes. Now Outlook asks about saving changes.

Search field in the upper right corner of ribbon

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 6:07 PM
  • Hi artnib,

I could not reproduce your issue. In my option, if you search at the upper right corner of ribbon in the area1 of the image below, it is not related with your custom contact form. If you search at the area2 of the image below, it used the custom contact, but it worked correctly at my side.

You could refer the image below for my test with area1.

If there is different with you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, October 15, 2015 10:53 AM
  • The last animated image with search in the area1 is almost reproduces all steps. One more step is left to do: don't close contact preview but open contact itself and then immediately close custom contact form.
    Saturday, October 17, 2015 5:07 AM
  • Hi artnib,

>> The last animated image with search in the area1 is almost reproduces all steps. One more step is left to do: don't close contact preview but open contact itself and then immediately close custom contact form.

I have tried as your description, but I failed to reproduce your issue. As my above reply, with contact preview, the contact form I opened is system contact form instead of my custom contact form. How did you set to make custom contact form opened? I have tried to set the Contacts folder property with my custom form, but it still open the system contact form.

Best Regards,

Edward

Monday, October 19, 2015 8:08 AM