Using AppFabric on existing application deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm wondering if it is possible to use AppFabric on existing application deployments, that is by only modifying the web.confg file without any development changes on solution. What I’ve done so far:

1. Installed and configured AppFabric on a server (used configuration wizard, haven’t enabled monitoring or persistence).
    2. Started the Cache using PowerShell Start-CacheCluster command (status is UP).
    3. Modified web.config and used host name anp CahchePort I got with the above command.
    4. Executed Grant-CacheAllowedClientAccount domain\machineName$ since application pool is running as Network Service.
    5. Probably something more I forgot, but I was following the documentation… I’ve tried setting off firewall and it is the same.

After all this when I try to open my application, I receive next error:
    Parser Error Message: ErrorCode<ERRCA0017>:SubStatus<ES0006>:There is a temporary failure. Please retry later. (One or more specified cache servers are unavailable, which could be caused by busy network or servers. For on-premises cache clusters, also verify the following conditions. Ensure that security permission has been granted for this client account, and check that the AppFabric Caching Service is allowed through the firewall on all cache hosts. Also the MaxBufferSize on the server must be greater than or equal to the serialized object size sent from the client.)

I’ve been searching around for this error and as I understand I’d need some application modification to get the inner exception but I can’t do that.

My question is this: is it even possible to set up and enable AppFabric only on Server and make existing application use it? If so, what else can I try?

Thank you.
    Best Regards,
    M

• Moved by Flavio Muratore [MSFT] Tuesday, October 9, 2012 10:29 PM Wrong Topic (From:Windows Azure Virtual Machines for Windows)
    Tuesday, October 9, 2012 3:05 PM