CALCULATE with MIN RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i would like to calculate the number of my customers for the first year of Adventureworks Orderdate, so i have this mesure : ClientsDebut:=CALCULATE([NbClients]; Calendar[Year]=YEAR(FIRSTDATE(FactInternetSales[OrderDate])))

But it doesn't work 

So, i have tried to play with FILTER and ALL, but it doesn't work 

Have you an idea ?

Thanks 

Laurent

Sunday, December 15, 2013 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hey Laurent,

just check out this blogpost by Chris Webb.

Hey counting distinct customers in the first year of business.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards Matthaeus

Monday, December 16, 2013 3:33 PM
  • I think your measure seems close to a working solution; the implicit calculate-filters (the parameter next to the measure) is stricter than an explicit filter-statement.

Could you try the following?

ClientsDebut=calculate([NbClients];Filter(FactInternetSales,year(FactInternetSales[OrderDate) =[First_Year]))

with First_Year=calculate(year(FIRSTDATE(all(FactInternetSaels[OrderDate]))))

The all may be added around the order-Date in order to always look at the first year of transactions (regardless of any date-related filters)

I hope this helps!

Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:44 PM

All replies

• I think your measure seems close to a working solution; the implicit calculate-filters (the parameter next to the measure) is stricter than an explicit filter-statement.

Could you try the following?

ClientsDebut=calculate([NbClients];Filter(FactInternetSales,year(FactInternetSales[OrderDate) =[First_Year]))

with First_Year=calculate(year(FIRSTDATE(all(FactInternetSaels[OrderDate]))))

The all may be added around the order-Date in order to always look at the first year of transactions (regardless of any date-related filters)

I hope this helps!

Sunday, December 15, 2013 9:44 PM
  • Hey Laurent,

just check out this blogpost by Chris Webb.

Hey counting distinct customers in the first year of business.

I hope this helps!

Kind Regards Matthaeus

Monday, December 16, 2013 3:33 PM