How to rearrange metro screen without touch?

Question

• My desktop has no touch. How do I rearrange the metro tiles? I'm talking about the pinch zoom-out feature which lets you name/drag a whole group of tiles.
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 6:34 PM

Answers

• Riasat,

The feature that you are referring to is disabled in Windows Developer Preview.  To rearrange your Metro style app tiles with your mouse, you can simply drag and drop the tile where you would like it by right clicking on the desired tile and holding the mouse button down, then move the Metro style app to the location you are wanting it on the Start menu.

Thanks,

Chris
    • Marked as answer by Riasat Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:39 PM
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:34 PM

All replies

• Riasat,

The feature that you are referring to is disabled in Windows Developer Preview.  To rearrange your Metro style app tiles with your mouse, you can simply drag and drop the tile where you would like it by right clicking on the desired tile and holding the mouse button down, then move the Metro style app to the location you are wanting it on the Start menu.

Thanks,

Chris
    • Marked as answer by Riasat Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:39 PM
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 7:34 PM
  • Riasat,

The feature that you are referring to is disabled in Windows Developer Preview. To rearrange your Metro style app tiles with your mouse, you can simply drag and drop the tile where you would like it by right clicking on the desired tile and holding the mouse button down, then move the Metro style app to the location you are wanting it on the Start menu.
    Shouldn't that be left-clicking? Drag and drop is always left-click in Windows.

David Wilkinson | Visual C++ MVP
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:13 PM
  • Riasat,

Thanks,

Chris

Hmm...moving around 20/30 tiles is no fun at all :(
    Saturday, October 1, 2011 10:39 PM