EF extensions RRS feed

• Question

• I didn't use EF extensions for too long to so i cant recall what's in there but will EF extensions be rolled into Feature CTP for .net 4.0. I know quite a few features from the extensions are now part of core EF however things like stored procedure returning multiple resultset which i had been using quite a bit never made it. so in .net 4.0 it would be nice to see all things not in the box to be part of one dll that we we have to add.

Zeeshan Hirani

Friday, June 26, 2009 6:56 PM

Answers

• The way we look at it, there are multiple levels of support ranging from what's actually in the box, to the feature CTP which are things we fully intend to roll into the product as soon as we possibly can, to things like EF extensions and other tools and samples which are interesting experiments or may become eventually become part of the product but probably not for quite some time.  While this last category contains many things which can be very useful, they often need more time to be completed and brought to a form which could actually be brought into the product.  Things in the feature CTP are essentially in their permanent form (except the delivery vehicle), while these other things may go through significant transformation based on what we're still learning before they are finalized.

- Danny

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:39 AM