none
.NET Framework Uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently trying to uninstall .NET 4.8 Framework and install the require .net framework 4.6 on my computer. However when I try to install the 4.6, I get an error message saying that a later version is already installed. When i go into program files and windows features, I do not any version of the framework install at all.

Can someone assist me with error. How do i find what .net framework is actually on my computer?

pianoboyCoder

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:34 PM

All replies

• Hi pianoboyCoder,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

What the  version is your operation system? .NET Framework 4.8 has preinstalled with Windows 10 1903 version, so If your computer is 1903 version, you can't uninstall .NET 4.8. Please check your OS version.

If .NET Framework is not included with the default system, you could try to uninstall the kbxxxxx package in Windows update depending on your operating system version.You can refer to this document to uninstall kbxxxxx.

>>How do i find what .net framework is actually on my computer?

You could use the registry editor to find .NET Framework versions. Check for a DWORD entry named Release in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4\Full. You can refer to this document.

Best regards,

Eden

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 19, 2019 5:33 AM
  • Hi pianoboyCoder,

Sorry to disturb you. Did your issue is solved?

If you have any doubts, please let us know so that we can give you better support.

If the reply is helpful for you to solve your issue, please remember to mark as answer so that other members of forum who have the similar issue could refer to this thread.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Eden

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, September 23, 2019 9:14 AM