none
[UWP] DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found

Question

• 1.) Suddenly deploying UWP to Windows Phone 10 Device in Visual Studio 2015 stopped working, I get these error messages:

Error : DEP6100 : The following unexpected error occurred during bootstrapping stage 'Connecting to the device '30F105C9-681E-420b-A277-7C086EAD8A4E'.':
    SEHException - External component has thrown an exception.

Error : DEP6200 : Bootstrapping 'Device' failed. Device cannot be found.

2.) Also deploying Windows Phone Silverlight 8.0 app to Windows Phone 10 Device in Visual Studio 2015 now crashing Visual Studio all the time.

Now I'm unable to work.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:03 AM

Answers

• Try this:

1. Close Visual Studio.
    2. Turn off developer mode on phone.
    3. Open Visual Studio and try to deploy. It should show error, because your phone isn't allowed to sideload apps.
    4. Turn on developer mode on phone.
    5. Try deploying again and now should work!

It solves the problem for me everytime. :)
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi devtommy,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

What is the version about the Windows 10 OS that you are using? Please try to check Rob Caplan [MSFT]'s reply in this similar thread as following to see if it works:

Install latest emulators. Take device out of developer mode and back in. Put device in airplane mode before connecting.
    Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 4:56 AM
  • I managed to overcome the same issue by installing the latest PREVIEW tools:

https://dev.windows.com/en-us/downloads/windows-10-developer-preview

I installed the (preview) Windows SDK and then the (preview) emulators (10.0.10563 version emulators now show up in Visual Studio alongside the 10.0.10240 ones).

I had tried everything else and nothing worked. It's odd that installing emulators made it possible to deploy to my actual device, but it worked.

I can now deploy to my phone as well as to the emulators and the local device (PC).

I'm on the latest builds of both Windows 10 (PC) and Windows 10 Mobile (phone).

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 2:54 PM
  • I'm unable install the newest (preview) emulator.
    I have the 10.0.10240 emulators, but when I install the newest preview it downloads the installer and when I starting it it says:

"The features installed on this computer are up to date."

So it installs nothing.

I have
    Windows 10 Pro Version:1511 OS Build: 10586.11
    Visual Studio 2015 Community edition 14.0.23107.0 D14REL
    latest Window 10 Mobile developer preview

"Install latest emulators. Take device out of developer mode and back in. Put device in airplane mode before connecting...."
    None of these thing helped

Thursday, November 19, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Try this:

1. Close Visual Studio.
    2. Turn off developer mode on phone.
    3. Open Visual Studio and try to deploy. It should show error, because your phone isn't allowed to sideload apps.
    4. Turn on developer mode on phone.
    5. Try deploying again and now should work!

It solves the problem for me everytime. :)
    Thursday, November 19, 2015 9:02 PM
  • You've saved me hours, can't say how much thankful I am!!!

Check my apps: Share to Speech and File Cards

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:32 PM
  • I have the RC of Visual Studio 2015 Update 1 installed. Maybe that is what allows me to install the preview emulators and SDK.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2015/10/29/visual-studio-update-1-rc.aspx

Visit http://blog.grogansoft.com/ for Windows development fun.

Thursday, November 19, 2015 11:52 PM
  • This worked perfectly. BTW I was able to duplicate the problem several times by unplugging the phone from the PC while debugging.
    Wednesday, December 09, 2015 8:55 PM
  • it's not work for me
    Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:09 AM
  • file:///C:/Users/Intel%20Two/Downloads/uwperror.webp
    Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:10 AM