none
Trying to create file storage space on Azure

Question

• I want to create file storage space on azure.

I am using Powershell software with step by step example of tamram . Here is the url: azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-dotnet-how-to-use-files

After you created a storage account you need to create the storage account context with the following command.

$ctx=New-AzureStorageContext blackboxvideo KbG/0me7bFo/30iAjnqvs9DqKOcpIdEjfdOWE0ID7WBXykyys+PrEiJ8GlcryLg7DfMhI 7/spw59fhoRtOfrmw==

Then the next step is to create file share with the following command:

$s =New-AzureStorageSharesampleshare -Context$ctx

When I do this I get the following error:

New-AzureStorageShare : The remote name could not be resolved: 'blackboxvideo.file.core.windows.net'

At line:1 char:6

+ $s = New-AzureStorageShare sampleshare -Context $ctx

+ CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [New-AzureStorageShare], StorageException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : StorageException,Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Commands.Storage.File.Cmdlet.NewAzureStorageShar

E

The file storage is activated on my profile. What am I doing wrong?

Gerdus

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:08 AM

Answers

• Ok so 3 things, first, NEVER share your account name and private key out.

Second, go to the management interface (management.windowsazure.com), go to storage, go to this storage account and go into the manage access keys and regenerate this key (that resets it hopefully before someone has accessed it).

Third, open azure powershell and do a Get-AzureStorageAccount and check your urls and settings for the storage account.make sure your endpoints are correct.

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:59 AM