Biztalk HTTP adapter receive location timeout RRS feed

• Question

• I am experiencing the following problem. I have a HTTP adapter Receive location. My customer send XML data via Webservice to the receive location. for example /Customer/BTSHTTPReceive.dll. In the orchestration this is a receive and response port. I am receiving XML data, processing the data to our AS400, and then I send back an XML response to the customer. Sometimes, the data coming in is taking a log time to process. Then, the customer is locked up because they are waiting for the response. Meanwhile, the process is running. I can not stop it. Then, eventually, the receive location times out. Can any one help?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

• Is it critical for you to have HTTP Request-Response pattern?  Is there any way your client can receive data?  If so, you can split receive and send procedures into two separate processes.  I am assuming you have a two way pattern (BTS receive and send using the same receive location).  It does not have to be this way, you can receive data using a one-way HTTP receive location, process it and send results back to client using a different method.  You may have to create a listener on your client's side expecting, for example, a WCF call.  

Also, you can use WCF adapter instead of HTTP to gain a better control of send-receive processes.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:24 PM

All replies

• Is it critical for you to have HTTP Request-Response pattern?  Is there any way your client can receive data?  If so, you can split receive and send procedures into two separate processes.  I am assuming you have a two way pattern (BTS receive and send using the same receive location).  It does not have to be this way, you can receive data using a one-way HTTP receive location, process it and send results back to client using a different method.  You may have to create a listener on your client's side expecting, for example, a WCF call.  

Also, you can use WCF adapter instead of HTTP to gain a better control of send-receive processes.
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:24 PM
  • Thanks.  I will ask the customer.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 8:29 PM
  • When the request is received successfully then in sending the response back its taking a long time and the customer receive end times out? Why is the orchestration taking a long time to process? Is there any errors in the Event Log?

Abdul Rafay http://abdulrafaysbiztalk.wordpress.com/ Please mark this answer if it helps
    Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:56 AM