How can I get the phone metadata. RRS feed

• Question

• How can I get the phone metadata.

The phone is not limited to Windows Phone, and has been with my APP socket communication.

I want show the phone image in my app,like lumia820 connected,it show a lumia820 image somewhere.

So,I think two way can do this:

1).Obtained the phone image by analyzing the phone metadata,but I don't think every phone can do with this method.

2).Analysis id that uniquely identifies the phone model ID,and I search my local images to find a match item.

Saturday, April 13, 2013 5:58 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Flame Hubery,

Is your question about writing an app to run on the phone? Writing a Windows Store app to interact with your phone? Writing a desktop app to interact with your phone?

The Windows Store apps Forums are for developers to discuss writing Windows Store apps, not Windows Phone apps. Questions about writing apps for Windows Phone should go in the Developing for Windows Phone forum.

--Rob

Saturday, April 13, 2013 6:31 AM
  • Hi Rob,

I'm very sorry to no clear description of the problem.

I had a Windows Store app and I want to show the connected phone images(not images in phone Albums) to Image control.

such as a lumia820 thumbnail show in my store app when a lumia820 connected.

In other words,whether or not there is an API in WinRT so that I can get a schematic diagram of the equipment is connected to the pc?

Monday, April 15, 2013 2:15 AM
  • Would this help:

http://www.nickharris.net/2011/01/finding-the-device-model-on-windows-phone-7/

The other way to do it is have an Image Control in XAML get a 1x1 image from a webserver.  The user-agent in the web request will indicate the model without having to declare the capability within in the manifest.

Darin R.

• Marked as answer by Flame Hubery Tuesday, April 16, 2013 1:59 AM
    Monday, April 15, 2013 5:34 PM
  • Thank you very much!

I think this should answer!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 2:01 AM