none
VS2010 SP1 : Project cannot be created because the "Excel Visual Studio Design-Time Adaptor Add-in" is not working correctly. RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to create Excel WorkBook project, I get the following error :

I checked the COM Add-Ins in Excel and it is fine :

I have completelly uninstalled Office 2010, VS2010 and VS2010 SP1 from my machine. And installed them again but I still get the same error. I already checked previously posted questions but could not able to get the solution.

Can anyone suggest the right solution to address the problem?

Monday, April 22, 2013 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi 

I find  the sampe question in stackflow, I help the below link can help you. Thanks.

VSTO problem - cannot create visual studio excel workbook project

project cannot be created because Excel Visual Studio Design-Time Adaptor add-in is not working correctly

VSTO problem - cannot create visual studio excel workbook project

VSTO problem - C

If my post is helpful,please help to vote as helpful, if my post solve your question, please help to make it as answer. my sample

Monday, April 22, 2013 1:58 PM
  • Hi Learning Hard,

Thanks for the links. I already tried these options but it still does not work.

Regards,

sans.

Monday, April 22, 2013 3:32 PM
  • you have tried only one solution, you can try to the below article to verify that add-ins are enabled by the current trust settings:

Project cannot be created because the Word Visual Studio Design Time Adaptor Add-In or Excel Visual Studio Design Time Adaptor Add-In is not working correctly

If the above solution doesn't work, you can Repair your Office 2010 or Uninstall Office and Install Office again following the below steps(especially step 4):

1. On a clean Win 7 64-bit machine
     2. Install Office Professional Plus 2010
     3. Click Custom
    4. Select only the Excel node and the Visual Basic for Applications under the Office Shared Features
     5. Install Visual Studio 2010 .
     6. Create a new C# Office 2010 Excel Workbook Project.
     7. The project is created successfully

Thanks a lot 

If my post is helpful,please help to vote as helpful, if my post solve your question, please help to make it as answer. my sample

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:29 AM
  • Hi Learning Hard,

I have tried all the options which you have mentioned but it does not work.

The only option left is I need to format my machine for the things to work.

Thanks,

Sandeep.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 5:52 AM
  • Hi,

I was getting the same error message in Visual Studio 2010.

My configuration is different though : I've got office 2003 with Excel 2003 and a separate install of Excel 2010.

I was trying to create a new Excel 2010 Workbook project in VSTO by importing an existing .xlsm document.

It took me ages to realise that VS2010 was trying to create the new project by opening the existing xlsm document with Excel 2003 which cannot work.

To be able to create a new Excel 2010 Workbook project in VS2010, I need to close all my Excels, open VS2010, open Excel 2010 only and then try to create the new project. It seems to force VS2010 to open the existing xlsm document with Excel 2010.

I hope this can help other people with the same configuration as me getting this error message.

MG.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 3:03 PM
  • Hi, 

I was able to overcome this issue by running Visual Studio 2010 as an administrator. This is done by right clicking  on the shortcut of Visual Staudio 2010 and select "Run as administrato"

I have windows 8 with UAC turned off and Office 2010. 

Regards

Yiannis

Friday, January 17, 2014 7:55 AM