How to dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to update? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a browser-enabled form written with Infopath 2007.  I am unable to use managed code.

I would like to create a new Sharepoint 2007 list item using the updatelistitems() webservice.

I can do this if I create a CAML template and use the template to create a "receive" secondary data connection.  The newly created data connection is then used as the update parameter when accessing the updatelistitems() webservice in the "submit" data connection.

However, I would like the user to be able to provide some of the new data using a drop-down list box.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to include the selected item in the dropdown box in the update submission.

I tried dynamically constructing a batch statement, putting it in a text box, and using this as the update CAML XML, but I get a message indicating that there was an error in the update.

How do I dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to updatelistitem without using managed code?

Thanks!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, August 5, 2011 6:12 AM space added back in
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Sunday, August 7, 2011 8:28 AM InfoPath (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, August 5, 2011 3:50 AM

Answers

All replies