none
odbc driver for excel (64bit RRS feed

• Question

• I have been searching odbc driver for almost a month, yet I didn't find anywhere. Our Business application team requested to install odbc driver for excel (64bit) because they want to the transfer data between Microsoft Office files such as Microsoft Office Excel 2010 (*.xls, *.xlsx, and *.xlsb) files to other data sources such as Microsoft SQL Server.

I found one AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe but it doesn't work with Office 32bit.

If anyone knows the source, please provide me the link, it would be appreciated.

• Edited by K-Osmani Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:22 PM
    Tuesday, January 31, 2017 10:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You could download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=13255

It provides a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of the Microsoft Access Database Engine.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 2:23 AM
  • Hi Celeste,

Thank you for the response. As I mentioned, I have already tried this but it didn't work because we have Office 32bit and unable to install the 64bit version.

Our business application team checked and they do have ODBC 32bit, yet they need the 64bit version to transfer a txt to another database.

Wednesday, February 1, 2017 10:24 PM
  • Hi,

Please visit this similar thread:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7116019/hand-install-of-64-bit-ms-access-odbc-drivers-when-32-bit-office-is-present

To install 64bit ODBC drive for Office 32bit, use command line: $> AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe /passive

Hope it would be helpful for your situation.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 2, 2017 6:58 AM