Publish Deskop, but Web App in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone

I have a problem and need help.

One of my main projects in LS is published as an application Out Of Browser on an Azure Web Sites.

After the last publish that occurred in this week, despite having done publish the "Desktop" mode, new application installations occur in Web mode (in the case of this application triggers an exception, because the use of features that are only available in mode OOB).

I noticed that Microsoft has updated the Silverlight Client a few days, and I'm suspecting that this problem has something to do with it.

The problem does not occur when the application is already installed on the PC, only if a new installation occurs.

Does anyone know what could have happened?

Victor Perez
    Thursday, January 28, 2016 2:20 AM

Answers

• Hello

Thanks for the answer

However I just found the problem

I had nothing related to the Silverlight version

At a certain time ago, I added a code on Application_Initialize event, and used a resource that can only be used in an OOB App.

However at the time of application installation, at least for a moment the application is run in Web mode, to be installed.

At that moment the error occurred mentioning that this application running in web mode, and this created confusion in my Brain.

However the problem has already been solved.

Thank you so much
    • Marked as answer by VictorPerez Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:56 AM
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:55 AM

All replies

• Hi VictorPerez,

Please make sure you LightSwitch Desktop application has a trusted certificate first. Please refer to

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/hh547097.aspx

The Silverlight out-of-browser launcher tool that LightSwitch desktop applications use requires a trusted certificate on the server when run over HTTPS. If the certificate isn’t trusted, the application won’t run correctly. The best approach is to use a certificate signed by a trusted Certificate Authority.

The detailed steps how to specify the Certificate, please refer to below blog.

http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/uploadfile/dbd951/how-to-publish-a-lightswitch-desktop-application/

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

Friday, January 29, 2016 9:05 AM
  • Hello

Thanks for the answer

However I just found the problem

I had nothing related to the Silverlight version

At a certain time ago, I added a code on Application_Initialize event, and used a resource that can only be used in an OOB App.

However at the time of application installation, at least for a moment the application is run in Web mode, to be installed.

At that moment the error occurred mentioning that this application running in web mode, and this created confusion in my Brain.

However the problem has already been solved.

Thank you so much
    • Marked as answer by VictorPerez Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:56 AM
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 12:55 AM