Missing reference in the Project.g.cs file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I am having issues with a project migrated from Visual Studio 2010 to Visual Studio 2012.

This a silverlight 5.0 project running inside a website.  My issue is that everytime i try to build the Silverlight Project I get these type of error messages:

Error 44 The type or namespace name 'WebGet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\DEV\OW\Source\Platform Experiment\Brightstar.OW\Brightstar.OW\Generated_Code\Brightstar.OW.Web.g.cs 445 14 Brightstar.OW

Error 46 The type or namespace name 'WebGetAttribute' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) C:\DEV\OW\Source\Platform Experiment\Brightstar.OW\Brightstar.OW\Generated_Code\Brightstar.OW.Web.g.cs 25088 14 Brightstar.OW
    And If I check the project reference I do have a reference to System.ServiceModel.Web.dll which I think is important to mentio that the web project has a reference to the same dll and build without issues.
    Giving you more details I have try the following steps without luck:
    1. Removing the reference and adding it back.
    2. Changing the Silverlight version from 5 down to 3 and then back to 5.
    3. Deleting all files inside the Debug folder and the Obj folder.
    4. Doing all the steps above together pluse cleaning the project/solution.
    PC configuration:
    Tools:  Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Service Pack 1 with all updates.
                Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate with Updates including the DataServices Updates (Just keep in mind the issue was happening even before this update).
               SQL Server 2008 R2 Developer Edition 64 bits with Service Pack 2.
               SQL Server 2012 Developer Edition 64 bits.
               Resharper latest version for both Visual Studio version.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong. 

PS: This solutions compiles without issues in visual studio 2010.

JV

Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:06 AM

Answers

• Edit: I believe the WebGetAttribute lives in System.ServiceModel.Web.Extensions.

• Edited by Aly S Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:07 AM
    • Marked as answer by iwpfModerator Friday, January 4, 2013 2:49 AM
    Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:04 AM