none
SharePoint 2010 VA Security Patch 4462184 -- CVE-2019-0604 RRS feed

• Question

• ?Hi All,

As microsoft announced to install the security patch - 4462184 for SharePoint 2010. My query is that do we require to run the config wizard after the installation of security patch?

Also share the best practice in case of security patch instalation?

Rohit Dixit, SharePoint Admin

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:58 AM

Answers

• Yes. As with any SharePoint patch, you need to run the configuration wizard post install. What specifics are you looking around best practice? The guidance does not differ from a cumulative update or service pack install.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:08 AM

All replies

• Yes. As with any SharePoint patch, you need to run the configuration wizard post install. What specifics are you looking around best practice? The guidance does not differ from a cumulative update or service pack install.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:08 AM
  • Hi Rohit, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

I followed the below steps and getting below error:

1- Install the Security Patch

2- Reboot the system

3- Run the config wizard and getting below error:

Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products.
    An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException was thrown.  Additional exception information: Failed to upgrade SharePoint Products.
    Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.PostSetupConfigurationTaskException' was thrown.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.UpgradeTask.Run()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.PostSetupConfiguration.TaskThread.ExecuteTask()

4- After that I clear the cache and tried again geeting same error.

5- also try with powershell command as well but still getting the same error.

Rohit Dixit, SharePoint Admin

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 7:27 AM
  • You need to grab the ULS logs from that server during the time the failure occurs. The ULS logs should have additional information; unfortunately with the above error, there's no data to help you.

Trevor Seward

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:43 PM