none
Task Pane App on Project Professional 2013. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I would like to ask one question which is related Project Professional 2013 Task Pane App. Basically this app will reside on Project Professional 2013 on the right hand side. The question is all the sample code given on the MSDN site and Microsoft blogs are used to retrieve or to collect the data for existing project or from the Project server (SharePoint List etc). Is there any way to update the existing selected task or Task/Project/Resource enterprise field using Task pane app (i.e. we can do with VBA coding also know as macro level coding). Is it possible using Task Pane App.?

Information based on the link "http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fp142295.aspx".

All methods are used to retrieve the data which is right but "setSelectedDataAsync" works only with "Excel 2013, Excel Web App, Word 2013, and PowerPoint 2013." Not with Project Professional 2013. Can anyone suggest me any other ways.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 2:10 PM

Answers

• Hi Yash,

To Writes data to the current selection in the document, we can use Document.setSelectedDataAsync method. But this method only support Excel 2013, Excel Web App, Word 2013, and PowerPoint 2013 at present. There is no such API for Project 2013, so there is no way to achieve the goal.

For Project 2013, we can use Document.getSelectedDataAsync method to reads the data contained in the current selection of the document.

You could look forward to the update of JavaScript API for office.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:45 AM

All replies

• Hi Yash,

To Writes data to the current selection in the document, we can use Document.setSelectedDataAsync method. But this method only support Excel 2013, Excel Web App, Word 2013, and PowerPoint 2013 at present. There is no such API for Project 2013, so there is no way to achieve the goal.

For Project 2013, we can use Document.getSelectedDataAsync method to reads the data contained in the current selection of the document.

You could look forward to the update of JavaScript API for office.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, December 5, 2013 2:45 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. Can you suggest me any alternative solution on this ? I mean VBA macro and ADD-In are only the alternatives ?

-Yash

-Yash

Thursday, December 5, 2013 4:00 PM