Can't sign with "Windows Live ID" account

Question

• I can't sign in to the app "build" with my "windows live ID" or another "windows live ID" in my windows 8 developer preview x32 bit.

Original Title: problem in the app "build"
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:01 AM

Answers

• The problem fixed when I upgrade from windows 8 developer preview x32 bit to windows 8 developer preview x64 bit with developer tools.
    • Marked as answer by nirlook05 Monday, October 17, 2011 8:57 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:57 PM

All replies

• Hi nirlook05,

Welcome to MSDN.

This question has few relation with Windows Forms, I'm moving it to Windows Developer Preview: General OS questions forum to help it get better support. Thank you for your understanding.

Best wishes,

Helen Zhou [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 14, 2011 6:38 AM
  • Can you sign in with a local Account or is the problem only with a "Windows Live Account"
    Is your account a linked account?
    Do you get an error message when you try to sign on with a "Windows Live ID?"

Marilyn
    Sunday, October 16, 2011 5:53 PM
  • What is local Account?

What is linked account?

I don't get an error message when I try to sign on with a "Windows Live ID".

Monday, October 17, 2011 7:00 AM
  •  A local account is one stored in SAM (Security Accounts Manager) database, which is stored in NTFS on your local computer. A WLID (Windows Live ID) account is the one stored on MSFT servers. You can link your WLID account to your local account via Control Panel. When logged using your local account or domain account, choose Control Panel|Users|Connect your Windows Live ID to connect your current account with your Windows Live ID. Please note that this will lead your current account settings (I DON'T KNOW which) to synchronize with Microsoft servers.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:24 AM
  • The problem fixed when I upgrade from windows 8 developer preview x32 bit to windows 8 developer preview x64 bit with developer tools.
    • Marked as answer by nirlook05 Monday, October 17, 2011 8:57 PM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 8:57 PM