none
SSRS empty text box default to Times New Roman after save as word.

All replies

• Hi xchaax,

I test this on my environment, I have the same experience. I think this might be design. So one workaround is that you could set the default font in Word with following steps in this link. Or you could type some words in textbox, then set textbox like below

=iif (Globals!RenderFormat.Name="WORDOPENXML" or Globals!RenderFormat.Name="WORD", "Calibri", "Arial")
    =iif (Globals!RenderFormat.Name="WORDOPENXML" or Globals!RenderFormat.Name="WORD", "White", "Black")

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 1:58 AM
  • Hi Zoe Zhi,

Thanks for your respond. Yes, when opening the report in Word and set any default font, It's gonna work. 

The second one, you suggested to type any text in textbox and set the font of the text using expression then set the font color to white, right ? I guess, when converting to word, user still need to use Backspace to remove the word ? correct ?

Monday, March 12, 2018 3:54 AM
  • Hi xchaax,

Yes, for the second one, you need to delete the words in Word. Because it seems that we can't set text visibility in textbox.

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 12, 2018 5:45 AM